The Australian Protectionist Party have endorsed a candidate for the Forbes Shire in the NSW Local Government Elections, to be held on the 8th of September, this year. A local family man, Nathan Smith, who is a fifth generation Forbes resident, is seeking the opportunity to represent the people of Forbes, who want positive change for the area.
Nathan’s family have helped develop and progress Forbes since the shire was in its infancy. Nathan has spoken many times about the need to develop businesses and employment opportunities for all shire residents.
He has definite goals to achieve during a term as a councillor. These goals being:
* Business Prospectus. Development of a professional Business Prospectus, that is of a standard that businesses looking for a new opportunity, and location, decide that Forbes has the potential to ensure growth.
* Freight Hub. Development of a Freight Hub within the Forbes region, to tie in with the new Livestock Management Centre.
* Abattoir. The possibilities of attracting an Abattoir once again into Forbes, bringing needed jobs and prosperity.
Nathan feels that the policies of the APP are in sync with country values and beliefs. They can be related to the local area in the following ways:
* Ensure that Forbes is supported as an essential food source region
Nathan believes that sustaining a viable food source for Australia’s population is directly related to Forbes, in that Forbes supplies a great deal of Australia’s sustenance and export surplus. Therefore we should ensure that this capability is not hampered in any way by the actions of council, or by the actions of State and Federal Governments.
* Family values
Nathan feels that the traditional family unit is the cornerstone of life within Forbes. Local families have the blessing of having family members close to each other. By ensuring that Forbes has the facilities to enable them to stay together with employment, schooling, and services, the family unit will thrive.
* Citizen Initiated Referendums
Nathan is totally committed to leading the way for Forbes to be the first shire to enact Citizen Initiated Referendums. This means that citizens of the Forbes Shire will be able to initiate a referendum on any issue that is raised. This will aid the community in allowing people to feel that they can take control when needed.
* Local responsibility, local knowledge, local rights
Nathan feels that a local council should have more say in what happens within its own environs. That the local people should have the right to determine their own local regulation requirements, rather than a person sitting in an office four hundred kilometres away.
Nathan needs your support and your vote, people of Forbes.
If you want change for the better; if you want more freedom; if you want to be able to help yourselves, then vote for Nathan on the 8th of September.
To contact Nathan to offer assistance:
Phone: 0419 572 686
Donations can be made at www.protectionist.net/donate/