As a patriotic party, the Australian Protectionist Party recognises the importance of preserving and conserving our natural environment to ensure our children inherit a safe and healthy place to prosper.
The Australian Protectionist Party believes in promoting alternative energy sources such as solar, tidal, wind, nuclear, and hydro at local and government levels, as appropriate, to help reduce our dependence on fossil fuels.
The Australian Protectionist Party believes in promoting the use of electric vehicles, light rail and cycle-ways to ease congestion and pollution in our communities.
The Australian Protectionist Party does not believe that those pushing a ‘anthropogenic climate-change’ agenda have proved their case; indeed, a growing body of evidence is bringing to light alternative views. It is acknowledged that the Earth is subject to climate change and has been through several periods of global warming or cooling as part of natural function of Earth’s environmental systems. In this light, the charging of additional taxes or fees on energy use will not do anything to prevent ‘climate change’ and will simply unfairly burden Australian workers and put Australian families into ‘energy poverty’.
Therefore the Australian Protectionist Party would seek to implement the following measures:
1. Promotion of light rail and cycle ways in major urban areas throughout Australia.
2. Promotion of the use of electric vehicles. The creation of an electric vehicle design and manufacturing sector in Australia. To ensure the availability of public charging outlets for electric vehicles and an investigation into the feasibility of ‘battery swapout’ points at major service stations. To enable special measures or permits to assist the trialing of alternatively-fuelled vehicles, for prototypes in particular, on Australian roads.
3. Promotion of the use of hemp for the manufacture of paper, cloth, building materials, etc., as an alternative or adjunct to existing materials such as wood pulp and cotton fibre.
4. Promotion of decentralised alternative energy generation such as solar, tidal, wind, nuclear, and hydro, instead of natural gas or coal-fired electricity generation plants.
5. Rescind all ‘climate change’ tax grabs applied to energy usage.
6. All government documentation (with rare exceptions) to be printed only in the national language of Australia, being English, thus saving paper and unnecessary expense. [See policy measures elsewhere for the promotion of English language abilities for migrants].
The APP wishes to extend an invitation to those who feel strongly about Australia’s environmental policies, to contribute any constructive criticisms or comments for due consideration. We invite lobby groups, government bodies, and members of the public for their input.